Family legal matters can be especially stressful. If you are in dispute with your loved ones or trying to establish a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement, you may be feeling overwhelmed. Our Indianapolis family law attorney can help. At Harwell Legal Counsel, we know how important it is that these matters be resolved as smoothly and as quickly as possible. With years of experience behind us, we can help you with your family law-related issue.
With emotions running high, family disputes can become tense very quickly. Many clients also report feeling isolated or alone when dealing with issues such as divorce, separation, and custody disputes. However, you are not alone. You have us. Our family law attorney in Indianapolis is an experienced mediator and can help you protect your rights and your family.
Our Indianapolis family law services include:
- Divorce and separation: If you want to annul or end your marriage, our family attorneys can help. We will advocate for your best interests in all divorce-related matters, from alimony to custody, to asset division. Our team can also help you get a legal separation.
- Spousal support: The subject of alimony comes up in most divorces, especially when one spouse makes more money than the other. Our Indianapolis family lawyers can help you figure out if and how alimony will play out in your case.
- Child custody and child support: Divorcing parents often butt heads over child custody and support, even if they agree on all other issues. We will work to come to an arrangement before it turns into a full-scale custody battle. If this is simply not possible, then we will take your case to court and fight for an arrangement that works best for you and your child.
- Paternity disputes: Our Indianapolis family law attorneys also help clients through paternity disputes, which is when there’s a disagreement pertaining to father’s rights. This may involve cases where someone was lied to about being the biological father of a child, the rights of a stepfather are being violated, or issues concerning fathers who are co-parenting their biological or nonbiological children.
- Emancipation: We help eligible minors file for emancipation in Indiana. If you no longer need the financial support, protection, and control of your parents, you can file to become an emancipated minor. This essentially means that, under law, you will be considered a legal adult and free to control your own life.
- Prenuptial agreements: Before tying the knot, consider signing a prenuptial agreement to protect your property and assets. Don’t believe the myth that prenups make divorce more likely; a prenup can actually help you rest easy knowing that your and your soon-to-be spouse have put everything out on the table. Should you find yourself wanting a divorce down the road, having a prenup can prevent that divorce from getting ugly.
Legal Representation for Domestic Violence Charges in Indiana
We can also help you with issues related to domestic violence charges. With extensive experience in criminal law and violent crime defense, our family law attorney is uniquely suited to help you deal with these types of cases.
Harwell Legal Counsel LLC takes a detail-oriented approach and offers every client dedicated advocacy.
Call (317) 401-8715 to get started with a free consultation with our Indianapolis family lawyers!
If you are dealing with a family law matter in Indiana, you need reliable guidance and support to ensure that your rights are protected. At Harwell Legal Counsel, we work hard to deliver legal representation of the highest quality. Our goal is to provide every client with personalized family law services that put them first. When you work with us, you are more than just a case number.